Friday, June 29, 2018

New Peeps Cover & A Sensational Website Overhaul



Now we all love Scott Westerfeld to pieces, but it gets better. Check out the new peeps cover and his newly made-up steampunk website. Two great reasons to pick up Leviathan & Peeps over your Christmas break if you haven't already done so...

Check out the book trailer for Leviathan on his website too!


Westerfeld on Peeps:

Maybe there are too many vampire novels, I thought. But that was part of the challenge, to see if I could do something that felt new and interesting, while still being full of bitey goodness. (Unsurprising confession: I am a Buffy fan.) So the book had to be original, but also icky, scary, funny, tragic, and (ahem) not sucky.

Besides getting a new take on the sunlight-impaired, my other big concern was that my vampires should actually make some sense as far as science goes. So I started doing some vampire research, reading a bunch of books about rats, parasites, bites and stings, and biology.
After consuming all there was to know on these subjects, I came up with the four important features that any vampire novel (of mine) had to include:
natural selection,
sexual attraction,
parasitic infection,
and Elvis memorabilia.

Okay, I can’t tell you much more without giving the whole thing away. But I’m very happy with the results. And the cover is certainly cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court of Thorns and Roses

Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses (Book 1) By: Sarah J Maas Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens/Bloomsbury YA Publish Date: 2015 ISBN: 978-16...